I realized I haven’t been posting Illustrator tutorial on this blog as much as I would like to.
Although I have been making youtube videos on Illustrator tutorials, I haven’t been really posting it here. In today’s tutorial, we will learn how to make a simple colorful icon, which you can use for logos, cover pages or as banners for Etsy, youtube etc!
Is this Illustrator tutorial beginner friendly?
Yes! It is perfect for beginners! I show you step by step process on how to create this icon. This is what you will learn do this tutorial:
- Make a leaf shape with the Ellipse tool
- Use the line segment tool to create the veins of the leaf
- Use Pathfinder > Divide tool to divide the leaf into tiny bits
- Ungroup to ungroup the leaf and color the individual bits with your favorite color theme
- Group them together and use the rotate tool to create a mandala
- Add text in your favorite font
- And we are done!
Pin this for later!
If you want to know how to get awesome color themes, check out this tutorial:
Adobe color is an awesome website from Adobe where you can find some beautiful color themes. You can save them onto your library and use them in your artwork. If you think you have no eye for color, start here and slowly you will find yourself being able to create color themes that go well together.
Watch the Youtube video here:
If you cannot view the video, you can find it here.
While you are there, don’t forget to hit subscribe!
SOCIETY6 : https://society6.com/printmesomecolor
FOLLOW ME ▹
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/printmesomecolor/
PINTEREST : https://www.pinterest.at/printmesomecolor/
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/printmesomecolor/