Adobe Fresco Brand new Features 2021
Not sure if you tuned into Adobe MAX 2020, but Adobe introduced a bunch of new features into FRESCO! So, if you haven’t started using Fresco yet, it’s time to download it. Unlike procreate, Fresco is available on windows/android systems as well. You can find Fresco here. If you have an older version of Fresco, make sure to update it to enjoy all these new features.
Pin it for later!
Watch all the Adobe Fresco Brand new Features for 2021:
If you cannot view the video, you can find it here. While you are there, don’t forget to hit subscribe!
Things mentioned in the video:
Here’s a quick list of all the Adobe Fresco Brand new Features for 2021:
If you don’t want to watch the video (although I highly recommend it as I cover a lot more content and tips in the video), here’s a list of all the Adobe Fresco brand new features for 2021:
- Fresco for iPhone
- Unfortunately it’s only for iPhones right now, but don’t get discouraged. I’m sure they will expand to other platforms as well. You can use the mobile version to create sketches when inspiration strikes and then pick it up on your tablet when you have time to fully work on it. Although Apple pencil does not work on iPhone, you could get one of the cheap stylus that works with your phone and use it on the go.
- Smudge Tool
- Smudge all you want with the new smudge tool. Works great with charcoal brushes and pencil brushes. You can also use this tool to create unique blend of colors that can be used with multicolor eyedropper tool to create unique color swatches.
- Multicolor eyedropper tool
- This is not exactly a new feature but I thought I will include it nevertheless. I have a separate video on creating brushes using this tool, which has been linked above.
- Pressure sensitivity
- Want to mimic the way you use the pencil on a sheet of paper? Go to settings>input and adjust the pressure sensitivity for your stylus!
- High Resolution Time-lapse
- I’m sure you know that you can create a timelapse video of your artwork in the export tab. But now you can change the settings of this timelapse in settings>general>timelapse menu
- Version History
- Working across multiple devices and constant syncing creates one issue – CONFLICT files. Now in fresco you can find out exactly what version you are working on, so no more confusion and reworking on an old file.
- Sharing and Feedback
- Want to quickly send your artwork to client and get a feedback? No more exporting as image and emailing it. Just click on share and get feedback button.
- Live streaming
- You can now live stream directly onto your Behance account! I haven’t tried it yet but you should!
- Adobe Capture Brushes
- I mention this amazing app above. You can create amazing brushes in Adobe Capture. Now you can access these brushes in Adobe Fresco.
- Send to Illustrator
- If you remember, earlier you could not send your files to illustrator in an easy way. You had to export it as a PDF and transfer it to your mac/windows to work on it. Unlike Photoshop, where the files automatically showed up under the cloud files, Illustrator required few more steps. But now, just click on Share>Send to Illustrator.
- Vector Trimming
- As the name suggests, this works only on Vector brushes. No more erasing lines with an eraser and creating uneven lines. Make sure to enable Touch Shortcut in Settings menu.
- Text Support
- The MOST awaited feature! Now you can access all your Adobe Fonts on your Fresco! So many options to work with text!
- Simplify vectors (Experimental feature)
- Experimental feature – simplifying vector drawings.
I hope you have fun exploring this tool. If you get stuck somewhere, don’t forget to leave a comment and I’ll try to help you out! You can also share this post on Facebook and other social media to support me.
Adobe Fresco Brand new Features 2021