How to use recolor artwork tool, Recolor Artwork in Adobe Illustrator CC 2020
In today’s tutorial we are going to explore a very powerful tool in Adobe Illustrator – Recolor artwork tool! As you might have guessed by its name, its primary function is to ease the process of recoloring your illustration.
Watch the tutorial here:
If you cannot view the video, you can find it here.
While you are there, don’t forget to hit subscribe!
Things mentioned in this tutorial:
Here’s a quick recap of what we learnt today:
- Select the artwork to recolor
- Recolor Artwork took can be access from the dashboard below the menu or Edit>Edit Colors>Recolor Artwork
- This opens the Recolor Artwork dialog box
- When you have the color code, click on ASSIGN
- Select the color you want to replace and double click the smaller rectangle on the right
- Input the new hex code for the color to replace it
- If you do not have any specific color in mind, select the EDIT tab to view colors in the selected artwork in a color wheel
- Drag individual colors in the color wheel to edit them
- Click on ‘link’ button to move the colors in a linked way
- If you to get back to the original colors from the artwork again, click the eyedropper
- You can also change the color profile to RGB, CMYK or other options available under the EDIT mode
- To save the colors onto your swatches, click on the ‘folder’ icon
- In ASSIGN tab, you can choose the number of colors you want to limit the artwork to
- You can merge colors and also un-merge colors in this tab
- Click OK to change the color for the selected artwork
If you have any questions/suggestions, please don’t hesitate to comment under this post or send me an email!